Before Beta 4.2, Gaster had 0 ATK, which made him especially susceptible to Nacarat Jester and Madjick. Beta 4.2 gave it 2 ATK, like many other cards in order to make Muffet's Pet more useful, in exchange for 2 HP. This makes him a 2/10 for 8G.
However, the very next update, Beta 4.3, reduced that ATK to 1. And Beta 4.6 nerfed him further to adding the Gaster Blaster to your hand at the start of your turn instead of at the end. Beta 5.2 brought his back back up to 12 as a small buff, making it 1/12 for still 8G.
Beta 7.2 changed both Gaster and Sans. Sans gained Gaster's ability, but with Dodge (3) instead of Can't attack, while Gaster returned to giving the Gaster Blasters at the end of your turn. However, they will now be put into your Deck instead of your Hand. His HP was also brought back to 10. However, his Cost also dropped by 2, making it cost 6G.
(Beta 7.6 buffed Sans to also give the Gaster Blasters at the end of your turn, making Sans have Gaster's Pre Beta 4.6 ability, but with Dodge (2) instead of Can't attack.)
Beta 10.1 buffed Gaster with -1G and the effect of all Gaster Blasters doing 8 damage while it is on the board, even to a player. His HP dropped to 8 for this, though.
- 0 (Pre Beta 4.2)
- 2 (Beta 4.2)
- 1 (Post Beta 4.3, Current)
- 12 (Pre Beta 4.2)
- 10 (Post Beta 4.2)
- 12 (Post Beta 5.2)
- 10 (Post Beta 7.2)
- 8 (Post Beta 10.1, Current)
- 8 (Pre Beta 7.2)
- 6 (Post Beta 7.2)
- 5 (Post Beta 10.1, Current)
- Can't attack. At the end of your turn, add a Gaster Blaster to your hand. (Pre Beta 4.6)
- Can't attack. At the start of your turn, add a Gaster Blaster to your hand. (Post Beta 4.6)
- Can't attack. At the end of your turn, add a Gaster Blaster to your deck. (Post Beta 7.2, Current)
Rarity: Purple (Epic)