Chara is the most powerful card in game in terms of raw stats with an amazing 99/99.
When placed, Chara will deal damage to the enemy equal to the total amount of dead monsters. This includes yours as well as those of the enemy. So under normal conditions, 30 dead monsters are enough to kill the enemy.
There are some exceptions:
- Diamond Boy 2 reduces the damage by 2.
- Innkeeper and the Health Artifact will increase max HP.
- Determination uses their extra life.
- Frisk will negate the damage entirely.
CountersThere are some ways to counter Chara. The best way is by placing Mettaton EX in order to make your opponent lose most of their gold. Another option is, as mentioned before, placing Frisk to cancel out Chara's effect entirely.Keep in mind that cards that give you dead monsters like Resurrection and Golden Flowers will not remove the dead monsters from the graveyard, so Chara's damage will not be lowered. The Heroine will also only count upon her final death. You might think that it could work well with Glad Dummy or Protection to give it Taunt, but you should not play this card unless you're sure you kill your opponent, as the enemy can easily get rid of a card that costs 40 gold to play.
- Normal Packs (with great luck);
- Final Packs (which you get 1 of at LV 200);
- Special Events (on Twitter and Facebook);
- Crafting with DT Fragments. You can get DT Fragments by:
- Logging in 28 times in a month;
- Reaching Amethyst IV or higher in Ranked. (Amethyst = 1; Ruby = 2; Diamond = 3; Legend = 4)
- If Chara's ability kills the enemy player, they will see a special Game Over scene.
- Control (by Moonlightring)
- Erase (by Darky)
- Together Forever (by Martb.y)
- Partner (by Zoomlightbulbs)
- Happy Chara (by Moonlightring)